East Langton Neighbourhood Plan
29/7/21 to 15/9/21
Review of Neighbourhood Plan
At the Parish Council meeting on 4/12/19 the council took the decision to review the Neighbourhood Plan. The policies in the current Neighbourhood Plan , which was adopted in June 2018, remain in force until a new plan is adopted. If the review does not change a policy it will remain in force.
The Parish Council has engaged local Neighbourhood Planning Consultancy Yourlocale to support the review process. The Council has received three grants totalling £19,700 from Groundwork UK to fund the review.
The main reasons for reviewing the Plan are:
- The Harborough District Council Local Plan has been adopted since the Neighbourhood Plan was Made. As the more recently adopted plan the Local Plan takes precedence. This means if there is a conflict the Local Plan policy will take precedence. This will be reversed on review of the Neighbourhood Plan
- The required housing numbers are now more achievable with the recent permissions
- Since the Neighbourhood Plan was Made there has been an update to the National Planning Policy Framework ad Planning Practice Guidance, both of which strengthen the weight given to Neighbourhood Plans.
The review is looking to review the following policies:
- Housing allocation
- Affordable housing provision
- Reconsider views (these were rejected by the Inspector for the current Neighbourhood Plan)
- Revisit Local Green Space behind School –this was also rejected by the Inspector, and one reason for given was the potential need for future housing which may no longer apply if housing allocations can be made.
Regulation 14 Consultation
The Regulation 14 Consultation runs for seven weeks from 29/7/21 to 15/9/21. Click on the link below to the page for this consultation
Neighbourhood Plan Review Consultations
Local Green Spaces - Thorpe Path Field Survey
Sustainable Site Assessment
Strategic Environmental Assessment Screening Report March 2021
Prepared by Harborough District Council on behalf of East Langton Parish Council, March 2021
The current Neighbourhood Plan
The Referendum on the Neighbourhood Plan took place 21/6/18.
132 people voted, 41% turnout, 132 for and 15 against.
The plan is therefore adopted.
Adopted Version of the Neighbourhood Plan
Council, Neighbourhood Plan, referendum version (PDF, 5.3 Mb)
Referendum version of Neighbourhood Plan
Harborough District Council Final Decision Statement 26/6/18
HDC Final Decision Statement
Development of the Neighbourhood Plan
Click here to see the steps towards the adoption of the Neighbourhood Plan